Friday, October 21, 2011

Movie Review: Spaceballs 1987

Comic genius Mel Brooks strikes back in this spoof of the Star Wars trilogy. When the nefarious Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) hatches a plan to snatch Princess Vespa (Daphne Zuniga) and steal her planet's air, space-bum-for-hire Lone Starr (Bill Pullman) and his clueless sidekick (John Candy) fly to the rescue. Along the way, they meet Yogurt (Brooks), who puts Lone Starr wise to the power of "The Schwartz." Can he master it in time to save the day?

3 comments:

  1. Spaceballs is one of the best Mel Brooks movies from the 80’s. It is closely rivaled by History of The World Part 1, but Spaceballs talked more to the generation growing up in the 80’s. I don’t think that anyone in the 80’s could have done a better spoof on Star Wars then Mel Brooks did. The actors were acting badly; as well they should in a spoof. Rick Moranis was great as Dark Helmet, the oversized helmet made the effect perfect for the spoof movie. My favorite one-liner from the movie “I see your Schwartz is as big as mine.” I was searching down HBO’s page on DISH online when I came across Spaceballs and decided to watch it, within 5 minutes of the movie starting I had both of the roommates watching it with me, guess they wanted to see it as well, and today I got to catch the movie nerd I work with at DISH off guard with one-liners from the movie which doesn’t happen to often, so that was itself a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. So you liked it then. Lol, one of my all time favorites and I was happy that the movie club reviewed it.

      Delete